Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings What’s Going On With Hetty? Reply To: What’s Going On With Hetty?

Hi Hettihog, I don’t think it works like that, there’s plenty of food around and they still go walkabout. It’s built in, so I don’t think Hetti is lazy and not leaving your garden because there’s more than enough food. Sorry if I’ve frightened you with talk of babies, but they do sometimes have late ones and I don’t know when the last ones are born except in Autumn. If it is that, she won’t want to loose her lovingly made nest to another! So don’t panic, just keep an eye on her. I’m hoping some more people from Accrington will join Hedgehog Street as I’ve had rather a long letter published in the local Observer paper this week. Best wishes.

Hedgehog