Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Trail cam Reply To: Trail cam

I’ve had my trial camera for a week now. Still getting used to it.

I didn’t have brand new batteries to put in, so I put some used one’s in. The first night it was switched on, but I didn’t put a password in it when I switched it on and so didn’t record anything.

The following night, I switched it on and put the password in to activate it – it worked fine, captured a lot and the video length was 30 seconds. I set it for 30 seconds.

However, I noticed yesterday that the video length was reduced to only 7 seconds, so I thought that perhaps my memory card was filling up, and thought that the camera reduces it’s video length to save space – so I cut and pasted all the videos to my laptop so the memory card was completely empty.

Last night it captured 10 videos but the video length was only 3 seconds, and then it reduced to 2 seconds later in the night.

I wonder if it’s because I need to put fresh batteries in. I’ve looked at the manual, it did say something about low power, but didn’t understand what it was going on about, and I’m wondering if it’s to do with the batteries.

Anyway, bought some new batteries, and will try again tonight, see if it goes back to 30 seconds. If it doesn’t I’m gonna be really annoyed.

Has this happened to anyone else? did you work out why this is happening?

Hedgehog