Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Feeling really disheartened Reply To: Feeling really disheartened

no sign of fox tonight – I’ll see if the camera has spotted him –

so much happier now than I was earlier in the week.

It’s been a busy night with the hedgehogs.

What am I going to do when they hibernate over winter? gonna miss them so much – I hope they remember my garden in the spring and come back.

I’ll always keep the bowl of dried food topped up and put out fresh water each night, just in case one gets hungry during the winter, but I’ll stop putting the wet feed out.

At least it will save me a little bit of money – at present I’m buying a bag of spikes semi moist and it only lasts two weeks, plus on top of that I give them cat biscuits about one small box per week, plus dog food on top of that, about 2 cans a week.

However, there does seem to be a lot of hedgehogs that come visit – so it’s not as if I’m making just one or two of them obese – plus, they need the extra food to survive in the winter.

Hedgehog