Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales My tribe! Reply To: My tribe!

That’s a good idea about the cardboard Annker, I will do that when it gets colder as my box is also on flags.
It’s interesting that you and Nic have seen the same behaviour. It’s amazing what we learn from watching the hogs in person or on the trail cams. It’s actually the big female here (Patches) that makes the most mess! She walks all over the food, scrapes it out and gets incredibly huffy when other hogs approach! She even biffed a poor hoglet last month. The males seem far more tolerant of feeding with youngsters.

Hedgehog