Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Feeling really disheartened Reply To: Feeling really disheartened

still fox free! and a hedgehog has taken residence in the hedgehog home again – not sure if it’s Huffy, but I’m quite sure it’s not Klepto as this hedgehog doesn’t scratch like Klepto, Klepto is a big hedgehog and very scratchy.

It’s been a lot quieter now it’s been raining heavily – but my camera managed to take 6 videos (one was a cat, and one appeared to have nothing on – but I wonder if that’s because the hedgehog was in the home, (camera is pointed on it) rumbling about?

Unfortunately, I heard a noise the other night – I thought it might be a cat – I got back indoors and got my torch out and locked the door, by that time the noise had stopped and I couldn’t see any hedgehogs. Then I googled ‘hedgehog screaming’ and I think it was the same noise. The following morning I checked all over, in the grass to see if their was a hedgehog – but I couldn’t see anything. I wonder if the fox had attacked it? It’s really concerning me.

The hedgehog who has taken residence, has got a big white mark on it – and this time I’m 100% sure it’s not a natural marking, it’s either got something stuck on it, or it’s paint. I either have never seen this hedgehog before and it’s new to the garden, or it’s a regular hedgehog who has come into contact with either a human or something sticky. It seems a pretty confident chap – and he has settled in the home – seems to know his way around – gets in the feeding station early to eat the dog food (8.30pm), so I presume he must have visited before now – so this white patch must have happened this weekend.

Hedgehog