Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Feeding station Reply To: Feeding station

Hi williamc, thanks for that, hope you are well and your hogs. My two little ones are dainty eaters and don’t cause a bit of mess! They poo outside the box! I tend to agree with Nic here, it’s nervousness when a couple are in the box together, or, when it’s difficult to turn round and they end up with the back end in the food! Big Benny usually poos in the box but not in the food. To be honest, I’m having more trouble with massive slugs, wow, are they huge this year. We have a colony of snails, but it got a bit depleted in a very cold spell the other year. Up till then I hardly saw a slug. Snails I can live with as they are food for Blackbirds and Thrushes, but nothing wants these slugs and I think it is they that cause lung worm with the slime trail (well it does with dogs, when they follow the trail with their nose). I have made a salt box grave out of an ice cream box. Sorry, yes it’s gruesome, but I have to change all the food in the box when they’ve been leaving their trail slime all over it. It’s such a waste of food. Best wishes.

Hedgehog