Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Feeding station Reply To: Feeding station

Hi, many thanks to you all for the info. I’m going to stop using the salt box, it’s as grotesque as the slugs themselves. It wouldn’t be so bad if they stuck to the job they were intended for, instead of heading for the feeding box on a rout march every night. My herbs have not been touched, in fact, the little hogs seem to like to bury themselves in the marjoram for some reason. Think they like the smell! So, next spring I’ll be armed with copper tape and garlic water! The garlic won’t effect the hogs as the Hosta is in a large tub. We all have garden recycling bins, but don’t use them anymore, due to council asking for extra charges for using them! If we don’t want to pay extra funds, we can put garden waste in the black household waste bin… (madness) Best wishes.

Hedgehog