Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Feeding station Reply To: Feeding station

Hi everybody.

This was the only entry I could see for feeding station, so I hope my potentially ‘daft’ question will get an answer or two.

My (well supported) feeding station consists of a transparent plastic storage box with just one entry hole (5″ square) and a brick on top to discourage other animals from trying to tip it over or move it to get at the food.

I’ve noticed that recently the ceramic bowl I use for the food has moved around a lot as if the hogs are trying to reach morsels at the far end of it. I did, at first, have this bowl and the water bowl side by side at the far wall, but the food at the far end of the bowl wasn’t getting touched, so I put the water bowl in a corner on the wall nearest the entrance and the food bowl in the middle.

I wonder if the half-inch lip on the bowl is a bit too much? Would it be better to just scatter the food on the ground? Also, I imagine the bowls would be quite heavy for a hog to move, but nevertheless they do!

Hedgehog