Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Feeling really disheartened Reply To: Feeling really disheartened

I wish ‘fox catchers’ were a thing, but they are a protected species in the UK, and the wildlife organisations, want the foxes to stay in the areas that they know, much like hedgehogs.

So I’ve had to resort to marking my territory with my own urine! Seems to be working – fox sniffs it and then disappears, doesn’t hang around. That’s been the case for the last two nights – so hopefully he will continue to be scared of the scent.

You can get a product called Mountain Lion from Amazon.com but it’s quite pricey and is quite a small bottle, and I’d have to pay overseas delivery charges as it would have to be shipped over from the US. Might be really effective, but would cost too much when I can do it for free.

Hedgehog