Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Looks like I’ll have to intervene! Reply To: Looks like I’ll have to intervene!

Out again last night but no sign of the wee one! Think it’s time to accept I can’t experience success every time!
Last night I put some new straw near the big shed where I know Cutie is nesting and it’s gone this morning- just a little of it visible from the end of the shed, Really odd, as the cam footage shows the straw under cover of the garden table and the hogs investigating it and then it’s gone, but nothing on the video cam of the straw actually being moved? Just goes to prove the video cam doesn’t pick everything up!
Also saw two of the hogs having a bit of an altercation on this mornings video footage – would that indicate I have two females? or do the males and females squabble ! Or could it be a territorial thing!
Hetty remains nesting under the small shed on one side of the garden, there is another nesting in the hog box ( not sure if that’s Big Bruiser or new visitor ) and then Cutie has taken up residence under the big shed on the other side of the garden.
Don’t think the scrap was about food as I have five different locations for the feeding stations – it’s a mystery to me !
Best Wishes to you all and happy hog watching! x

Hedgehog