Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Advice please! Reply To: Advice please!

Nic

Hi Kezza1973

It’s very difficult to know, without knowing what the contents of your garage are like (i.e. how easy it would be to see if there is a nest). Hogs do sometimes decide to hibernate in sheds, garages, etc. But there is a very small chance that it might have a nest with late hoglets. But is there anywhere in the garage it could have that – that you wouldn’t notice? But if that was the case you wouldn’t want to shut the hog out. I know it sounds a bit extreme, but is there any chance you could make a hog hole in the garage door. It’s a bit tricky if it could be stuck in there. You wouldn’t want it to hibernate in a place it couldn’t get out of – they do sometimes come out of hibernation briefly and move nests.

Not an easy one to answer without lots of, if this then … etc.

I would have a good look to see if there is a nest, to start with.

Hedgehog