Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Looks like I’ll have to intervene! Reply To: Looks like I’ll have to intervene!

Hey simbo 65
Good to hear your news. You seem to have had a few releases and it’s sounds like your a wiz at rescue.
I agree it is very sad when the hogs fail to survive, or disappear and leave you wondering about their outcome.
But like you say we can only do our best and as a relative newbie to this hog caring business, I know I have learnt such a lot this year and I will be even more pro-active next year.
It is wonderful to have resident hogs! I only discovered Hetty at the beginning of the year and I was so thrilled to realise she had chosen to nest in my garden and if all goes well I will end the year with three healthy hogs all well fed and fit enough to hibernate.
I feel blessed and think I must be doing something right!
Since joining the forum I have found the advice and support invaluable. And it’s so good to chat to like minded people who understand the hog obsession! Yes I’m under no illusion, I know that I’m obsessed ! My husband reminds me every day!😂
Best wishes and thank you for the support! x

Hedgehog