Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Still very active and eating for England! Reply To: Still very active and eating for England!

Good evening Nik, thanks for the link, as usually very informative, we have been identifying hogs by their markings, and I totally agree their faces are very different
We have had a huge male around here for the last few years, who we named ‘brylcreem boy’ (gawd, I am showing me age) as he had a distinctive dark sheen to his bristles and a light halo around the outer edge of his face and now we have another generation who have the same distinctive colourations.
Another two questions, do badgers, in your opinion, actually ‘predate’ hogs? While we don’t have badgers around the house, we do have a sett on land we own and wouldn’t want to release hogs in the area of the sett if it would put them in danger.
2nd ? Is their any way to put medication in the food we put out….worming/flea infestation etc?

Hedgehog