Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Daylight hedgehog: is my new feeding station starving them? Reply To: Daylight hedgehog: is my new feeding station starving them?

Thanks. I posted earlier but must have accidentally deleted it when I tried to add a photo of the adult rescue, who kept climbing out of the inner box so it could sleep on top of the hot water bottle.

It had a good night (active, ate a lot) and went to the vet this morning. I will phone to ask what they think and what they plan to do. They were recommended as being very good with wildlife, and I’ve said I’m happy for it to be released back in the garden.

I won’t be able to do anything about the hoglet for the next few days but thanks for the advice. I feel a lot more confident after dealing with my first smelly, noisy, messy rescue, who seemed quite happy in its impromptu hedgehog spa.

Hedgehog