Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings How many ticks is bad? Reply To: How many ticks is bad?

Thank you for that advice – I had video of one of my hogs with big round, dark marks which I feared that it may be been bitten. My local rescue told me that it could well be ticks – there must have been over 10 of these marks. It was a big, healthy hog and feeding and drinking happily. Does now go into the house and I have kept an eye on these marks. The marks now seem to have vanished unless I have a different hog visiting. I did not realise that the ticks could lay eggs in the house and now worry that it may be infected. Not good with the hibernation facing them. Not inclined to clean out house at this time, nor boiling water but do not know how to proceed.
Caring for these dear, little people is like having little children that you are looking after but only at a distance and in their own timetable – all very worrying for those inexperienced like me!

Hedgehog