Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat West Cornwall – is it likely that all of our hedgehogs are hibernating now? Reply To: West Cornwall – is it likely that all of our hedgehogs are hibernating now?

Oh I didn’t realise that not all hogs hibernated, but I guess that if it’s a mild winter, and down where we are there is rarely any frost, they may not need to.

I may well buy one of those underbed storage boxes turned upside down suggested here – I have now seen for sale, as long as I can get my neighbour to help with cutting a hole for the hogs to get in. At least then I can be pretty sure that the food is not touched by other larger animals, and apparently this is how my neighbours feed theirs.

I am not sure what you cut the plastic with – are there some instructions on here please? Also re sizing of hole?

Hedgehog