Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Deter cats but encourage hedgehogs Reply To: Deter cats but encourage hedgehogs

Good morning
I assume that you want to deter cats from coming into your garden to eat the food you put out for the hedgehogs. I know little about sonic repellents but read a few posts back that someone had observed their visiting hedgehogs had been affected by the one they had used. My experience over the last few years of feeding the birds and hedgehogs (for what it’s worth) is that if you feed one species you will invariably attract an/other and I have had to adapt the way I feed both in order (in my case) to deter rats. In doing so I no longer have the pleasure of watching the squirrels antics as I have to use cages, trays etc to catch falling food. In terms of the hedgehogs I supervise their feeding from March until they stop visiting usually in November. I have read that feeding stations help deter the predators so maybe this would be an option. Best wishes.

Hedgehog