Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Deter cats but encourage hedgehogs Reply To: Deter cats but encourage hedgehogs

Nic

Hi

I’m not sure what Annig said, that post doesn’t seem to be showing, for some reason.

But I wouldn’t use a sonic cat repellant with hogs around. The cats won’t do the hogs any harm, just maybe eat their food. So I think the best course of action is to create a feeding station which the cats have trouble getting into. There are loads of ideas on the forum, but also on the gallery (accessed via the home page).

Some hogs prefer to eat outside and for that you can use some perspex type sheeting on bricks or earth filled flower pots. If you make the sheet big enough it will put the cats off, whilst still allowing the hogs lots of ways of escape, so that they still consider it’s outside. With many ‘cat proof’ feeders you might find some cats which get in, but at least it’s made more difficult for them.

Good luck.

Hedgehog