Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Food Preference Reply To: Food Preference

Hi arceye, mine love the spike semi moist, it’s first to go. 1 dish of that and 1 dish of cat biscuits. It depends if they feel like eating the biscuits, there’s always some there if they want them, but the spike goes every time. No mealworm, please. We’ve all don’t it, but they are no good for them. I only put some out twice I think, so it was cold turkey! Stopped straight away and they are so addictive they went on hunger strike right there and then. Trial and error has shown us they are fussy eaters. The hunger strikes last approx 3 days before they try something else. We shouldn’t worry about it as we are only supplementing their natural food and they will be eating what ever they can find out and about. Best wishes.

Hedgehog