Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Deter cats but encourage hedgehogs Reply To: Deter cats but encourage hedgehogs

My hedgehog has taken over the cat kennel again this year. I watch him on the cameras happily coming in & out during the evening. He’s used all the bedding I put out for him. Hopefully he will use this space to hibernate as it’s getting close now. The kennel is very close to my back door but as long as I don’t get too close he seems pretty happy. Though yesterday I didn’t realise he was in the feeding box and put the feeding dish right on top oh him. No harm done as he went back to the kennel within the hour.
The cat & visiting fox seem wary of the hog, so all good in the garden.

Hedgehog