Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Help With Healthy Juvenile in Town… Reply To: Help With Healthy Juvenile in Town…

I managed to speak with the BHPS today. The person I spoke with was categorical about 400g being insufficient weight for the time of year and recommended that I find it help, or provide it myself if I am up to it.

They gave me a number for another rescue centre further North, who fortunately have space. I have arranged to admit my new friend tomorrow evening, and thwy advise that I should keep it warm in the interim. Until then, it appears to be taking its hostage situation in its stride and seems to be doing OK.

I thank you all for your advice, which I know is well meaning and in the best interests of the hedgehogs that you are all trying to help. As someone with little knowledge in this area, I have found the experience quite stressful and the lack of consistency with some of the advice that I have received has magnified this a little. I would ask anyone in the field to please consider this when providing advice to well meaning fools like myself, as it is very difficult to know what to do for the best when given conflicting advice and not being able to get a reply, or get anyone on the phone (it took a lot of attempts before I could get through to the BHPS).

Once again, thank you for your help and for what you do.

Tony

Hedgehog