Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Help With Healthy Juvenile in Town… Reply To: Help With Healthy Juvenile in Town…

Thanks for the explanation Stef. I do understand your predicament, but you see, the response you have given makes my point for me.

BHPS guidelines say one thing, and then you state another thing below. It is inconsistent and, unless you have the experience that you obviously do, it does not make it easy for a lay person like myself to make an informed choice. My comments are not a criticism per se, more of an observation and a commentary of my experience in this incident.

And I am acutely aware that meddling with the natural order things is not the preferred choice, and I am not usually prone to picking up wildlife that I encounter, it’s just that this little fellow seemed outside of its natural habitat, and a little small to be out in the current climate in my locale. Everything that followed was me trying to respond to the advice that I had read on conservation pages and on this forum.

As for good food source, how could I know that it had a good and regular food source? I picked it up from the small town nearest to the village in which I live, which is over two miles away, so it isn’t something I could guarantee.

Again, I’m not trying to pick a fight, just trying to point out something that I found frustrating.

Again, my thanks for taking the time to respond to my pleas for help.

Hedgehog