Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hibernation Reply To: Hibernation

The hedgehog that is using my hedgehog home has spent every night last week, (about 4am to 6am,) collecting leaves – and I think it’s just any leaf she can find – today, I noticed that she has tried to drag in some small branches that have fallen off my evergreen tree, as two small branches (with the evergreen foliage still on) sticking out of the tunnel.

If I didn’t have my camera, I wouldn’t have seen her carrying leaves into her home. I haven’t seen much of her the last couple of nights, so I wonder if she’s decided to hibernate now.

However, every scrap of food I put out, it all goes, although my camera only picked up one hedgehog, (it doesn’t pick all of them up, and they come in from different parts of the garden), so I wonder, if she is still up and about eating the food, and it’s just that the camera hasn’t picked her up?

When she enters her home in from the front, it picks her up, but she often takes a detor and goes under the school fence, and then back into my garden at the side of her home. When she does this, the camera doesn’t pick her up – so that’s probably the case.

I still am having problems with the fox, every single night he turns up, and he was crouched in a preditor like mode last night – I never see him, my camera always picks him up – and I can never bare to watch the videos of him, as I’d rather not know what he is trying to get up to, so I just quickly shut it down and delete.

Hedgehog