Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog rescued 2 hedgehogs within the week Reply To: rescued 2 hedgehogs within the week

She’s got lungworm!!!!

So even though a hedgehog puts on weight and appears normal – eating well and drinking well – when the poo gets sampled – different story.

I’m worried now that I might catch it off her – thankfully I got some surgical gloves – but been using gardening gloves – they are going in the hottest wash tonight – and I’ll just use surgical gloves now –

Gonna throughly wash out the feeding station tmrw – and my kitchen scales? Well they will have to throughly disinfected –

I’m gonna have to disenfect everything now, especially in my kitchen –

I’ve been careful but not as thorough as I could have been – now I’m worried about my own health now –

But I guess you learn these things as you go on.

So most important lesson I’ve learnt here – is to get the poo sampled! regardless whether you think they are healthy or not

Hedgehog