Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Advice ,green slimy droppings in feeding station Reply To: Advice ,green slimy droppings in feeding station

I can’t help feeling, as I’ve been careful, but not as careful as I am being now – I can’t help feeling that I might have caused the hedgehogs to have lungworm and the internal parasites – I feel I might have contributed by not steralising their bowls everyday, only washing them in hot water, but not boiling. I pick up poo each time I see it in the feeding station, and wash the surface with hot water with kitchen roll, and I have been giving it a proper clean out with boiling water each week (all of it, all the sides and outside), but I think I should of been doing that daily, or at least just the surface they walk on.

So I’m enjoying looking after Sweetpea, and feel happier that I’m learning these lessons now – but I feel guilty that I could have contributed in some way by not being as thorough as I should have been.

Hedgehog