Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hibernation Reply To: Hibernation

Hi, Nic, Heidi looks like she was born this year. She looks exactly like Pippa, but slightly smaller. Heidi is now missing every other night at the feeding station. I have been worried, but she may have been supplementing her diet and actually eating good natural food and just topping up with the food I’ve put out. I’ve just tried to change my profile pic, but can’t see to do it. I will try putting them on the gallery. Pippa was the tiny hog I saw very early this year. Hubby just shouted, ones gone in feeding station now, 5-15pm! Very early tonight. I saw Pippa crunching the ends off the Hawthorn branches with flowers on and eating them! I didn’t think they ate them. The Hawthorn leaves have fallen and built up a bit of cover on the outside of the hog box. There are Beech leaves and laurel leaves I think they use. Like Hedgie Love I’ve put some hey a time or two in the tunnel and although it’s stayed there a few days, it’s been taken into the box. Regarding the buddleia, it was something about not helping native butterflies and “weeding” your neighbours garden! Well, sorry again neighbours, I’ve got three, purple, pink and white as well as the old lilac tree, which seem to get a lot of insects visiting it. Best wishes.

Hedgehog