Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Food Preference Reply To: Food Preference

Hi Hedgie Lover, I agree, mine love Spike semi moist and they were attacking the “I♥️my cat” biscuits like mad when I first got them. Plus Purina cat biscuits. The hogs filling up for hibernation have just eaten the Spike. I can’t see the point of paying lots of money on worms of any kind. The hogs are finding and eating their natural food and we are supplementing it to help them along the way. I would hate to give them something that could be harming them in the long run. There maybe some manufacturers who see people are buying more wildlife food these days and making some to put on the market which we have no idea if it is suitable. Figures like ratios of this and that confuse me, so I’d rather stick to what I know. From what Nic says, there’s already some calcie worms fed on different types of food that don’t reach the same ratios. It would be easier if someone put a simple table up with Good Foods on one side and Bad Foods on the other. Maybe these calcie worms could go at the bottom with the words “the jury is out on these till a later date” Best wishes.

Hedgehog