Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog rescued 2 hedgehogs within the week Reply To: rescued 2 hedgehogs within the week

Thanks Coley, bit worried she might be lethargic rather than relaxed, when I rescued her – she raced towards the feeding station, and then I picked the poor thing up.

But then again, she hasn’t exactly got anywhere to go now, so can’t really race around, and I guess all her other siblings, (I assume, which are bigger than her and Calvin) are all in bed napping.

She’s eaten almost all her food – which usually lasts her til morning – so guess that’s a good sign, and she’s not pooping as much as she was – I reckon the poop might be due to large amount of food for her size – that’s why she’s piled on the weight – 20g a night for a 350g hog is quite a lot really – and I wonder if the poo – is due to the excess of food.

At the hospital, on their facebook page, the plate of food looks like their’s quite a lot in, it’s hard to tell when you’re watching videos, but anyway, I’m gonna take her food bowl and let know how much she’s been eating, and get a better idea of how much she should have.

I wonder if she was small because she hadn’t been eating enough – maybe she’s relaxed, cos perhaps all she’s bothered about at the mo is food.

In hospital, the only stimulation she’ll get is a bowl of food each evening anyway, so if that’s the only thing she’s into at the mo, she might be quite content there, let’s hope.

Hedgehog