Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat what on earth was that? Reply To: what on earth was that?

Thanks so much Simbo – I’d love to do that.

I’ll google it.

I;m gonna miss her, but glad she’s off to hospital to get looked after properly, because with me, she’s starting to get too used to me, because I’ve checked on her too much, that’s what I’ve done wrong. But it’s learning for next time.

Least in hospital she’ll have minimal contact.

They post videos of their hedgehog on facebook, so I’ll no doubt be looking on their facebook page everyday.

Cage is a right mess, she’s pulled out the puppy mat from underneath her box again, I don’t know if she wants it for nesting material, cos it looks like she’s tried to pull it into her box, and she slept with her food bowl on one side of her and a toilet roll tube on the other, I don’t know why, perhaps for comfort?

I asked the hedgehog rescue if I could volunteer, I can’t drive but like doing the morning clean. But she said I live far away and don’t drive which is an issue, but she said she’ll have a chat to me about it today. I could get there for 7am one day a week, it would involve getting a taxi at 5.30am, getting a bus and a 20min walk (which I’d actually enjoy a morning walk), which isn’t too bad just once a week, but if she does the morning clean at 6am, I wouldn’t be able to do it.

I used to muck out once a week at a animal shelter, until they asked me to change the day — which I couldn’t do and when a big aggressive pig called Blossom (she was cute though), started humping me every time I went into her patch. Up to the humping started, I really enjoyed it. I wouldn’t get that problem with hedgehogs!

Hedgehog