Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog rescued 2 hedgehogs within the week Reply To: rescued 2 hedgehogs within the week

Nic

Hi Hedgie Lover

Thanks. I’m always happy to help people help the hogs, if I can.

Yes, you have to be the sort of person who loves wildlife (if it’s all wildlife being cared for) but not get too upset if things don’t go well. I had a friend who used to drive for the local Wildlife Hospital, but he used to get so upset if things didn’t turn out well. Which with wildlife probably happens quite often. But they need to learn from it and move on to the next animal which needs their help. Even over-wintering, not all will survive. So it can be very rewarding but also upsetting.

It’s a really good idea to go on the Vale course. I’m sure you’ll learn a lot. It might seem expensive, but at least it’s going to a good cause, as well as what you learn.

Hedgehog