Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Which hedgehogs need help in winter? Reply To: Which hedgehogs need help in winter?

bit confused now – should I rescue hedgehogs that are 600g or less now – as I’ve only weighed two and under 450g

If they are in between 450g and 600g – should I rescue them – even if they are healthy and using the feeding station. I might be reading it wrong, but if they are inbetween this weight should we only rescue if the ground is frozen or likely to be frozen.

It’s just that all the hospitals are full right now – if we rescue a hedgehog inbetween 450g and 600g and healthy – would it be mean on another hog that’s poorly or under 450g.

If we have feeding stations, and we know that hog is using the feeding station, should we just leave it?

Even this article says it’s now 600g – I feel a bit reluctant to rescue if above 450g

what does everyone else think?

Hedgehog