Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings How much food should I leave? Reply To: How much food should I leave?

the hospital, my two I rescued recently, gives them a lot of food, more than what I thought – so I shouldn’t worry at this time of the year, if you put out more – after all if they don’t eat it, you could just chuck it (esp wet food) or top it up the next day (if dry food).

I haven’t got many hogs visiting, just the autumn juveniles now (who I think have reached the right weight – they hide when I decide on the nights I’m gonna bring my scales out) – have been eating the whole lot – I’m putting out a little bit more than I did in the summer and I had loads of adult hogs then (at least 6 minimum – possibly double, can’t be sure) – and every night it’s been a completely empty dish not even a crumb. Last few nights only a layer of cat biscuits left, all the spikes gone though – but no physical sign of a hedgehog and camera didn’t pick any on saturday for the first time I got the camera – so think it’s the hog living in the hedgehog home that’s now eating it all.

I learnt quite quickly how greedy they are, I was pretty shocked.

Hedgehog