Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Which hedgehogs need help in winter? Reply To: Which hedgehogs need help in winter?

also, the hedgehogs, as the gardens have no fences, they can easily wander off to the local park, and then there’s a nature reserve nearby – so it’s likely they’ve originated from the nature reserve, and migrated around here, maybe there’s a lot more hedgehogs living in the nature reserve. So it’s not hedgehog heaven, I live in an urban place, not rural, but linking gardens isn’t an issue round here – cos there’s no fences. As long as the school doesn’t make improvements to there fence in the future it would be okay. I might write to the school anyway, and talk about litter – cos there is a massive problem with the school kids dropping it – and I could tell them about the population, let them know that their grounds have wildlife in it, as they probably don’t know.

Hedgehog