Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Which hedgehogs need help in winter? Reply To: Which hedgehogs need help in winter?

I saw a hedgehog in the feeding station last night (it was exceptionally busy last night), and didn’t look much bigger than Sweetpea, so I weighed her, as it’s hard to tell sometimes (they often look smaller in the feeding station than they do when they are walking away from it)

She/he came at 470g , (didn’t rescue her) which isn’t ideal, still slightly small for hibernation, anyway, hope yesterday wasn’t the last night before the juveniles go into hibernation – I hope she fattens up soon, I did put the last of Sweetpea’s dog food out, as I’m wondering if it has a higher fat content, but not one of the touched it – not used to the smell perhaps?

I think I’m gonna put a extra bowl out tonight, as only a few biscuits left. Want them to fatten up quick!

Hedgehog