Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Which hedgehogs need help in winter? Reply To: Which hedgehogs need help in winter?

feeling so proud of myself – just spoken to some from the political party for my neighbourhood – and the councillor is going to give me a ring back – I mentioned the strimmer issue, and talked about needing support to get the population thriving in this area.

They agreed, to get the schools involved, and educate the kids, about hedgehogs (what to do if they see one in the day (will say tell a teacher, and then get the teacher to put in a box, and get in contact with me and/or BPHS) and give them info on how litter can damage hedgehogs – it’s a high school, so could be a little bit more graphic if I can get away with it.

Primary school will definately be on board I reckon, but probably focus on not touching a hedgehog, telling a teacher if one out in the day, and not to give it sweets and stuff like that).

I’m gonna do my upmost because they’ve got into my heart.

Hedgehog