Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Which hedgehogs need help in winter? Reply To: Which hedgehogs need help in winter?

I don’t work with children, but I know what they can be like – my friend has a 12 year old, and she loves animals – but, as my mum’s dog is really small, she constantly keeps picking her up – the dog, Polly, has never snapped, but she did once with this 12 year old, she’d had enough –

And then she’s come round to mine, and I told her where the hog house was – and she was looking in the entrance, saying ‘I want to see it’, I told her you can’t disturb, but it went in one ear and out the other, but didn’t let her.

Was a bit frustrated as the hog who was staying there at the time, vacated that night, and never returned to the house, (actually I think that was Klepto) – so thankfully, at the time, it was just used as a temporary nest by Klepto – but not sure if he moved because he got disturbed.

Kids, they can’t help it – they do need to be supervised really. Of course, there are a lot of kids not like this, but a lot of them are.

Hedgehog