Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Which hedgehogs need help in winter? Reply To: Which hedgehogs need help in winter?

Nic

Hi Hedgie Lover

I would be careful what I tell the children, if I were you. If you exagerate things, they might very easily find you out. But also bear in mind that one of the reasons people give for not liking hedgehogs is that think they are covered in fleas, when not all hedgehogs have fleas and if they do have fleas, they are hedgehog specific ones. So if people (including children) think they’re full of parasites, and that they can catch things from them, it might have the opposite effect to the one you are hoping for. That’s one of the reasons that people don’t like rats – becasue they think they carry diseases.

Hedgehog