Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Bit stuck with my foster hog… Reply To: Bit stuck with my foster hog…

Nic

Hi We-love-hoggies

Sorry to hear the little hog isn’t eating enough.

It might sound a bit strange, but sometimes experienced hog rescuers/rehabilitators know more about rehabilitating hogs than vets do. I have heard before about hogs being cared for in vets, where they haven’t thrived until it was suggested by a rehabilitator that they were checked for internal parasites and that has turned out to be the answer.

I would take stef’s suggestion seriously, if I were you, and get the little hog checked out again for lungworm and other internal parasites. She has a lot of experience in this field.

Good luck.

Hedgehog