Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat why haven't they hibernated yet? Reply To: why haven't they hibernated yet?

Hi Sandown, how did the course go? I’ve decided not to go on one yet – but might do in the future.

I know a few of us on here are probably thinking about doing it too, and would like to know how you got on.

The hedgehog rescue centre, looking after Sweetpea and Calvin, also realised a good lot last week, but she said on her facebook ‘this is probably the last release of 2019, so felt a bit disheartened to find out that Sweetpea won’t be getting released yet (initially she said it might be a matter of just 3 weeks).

I don’t want to pester her though. But I guess, she’s in the best care, and I trust them completely, but wonder if there;s been further complications with Sweetpea. Sweetpea was 380g a couple of weeks ago when I initally weighed her, and gave the rescue centre a poo sample, it came back as lungworm . Within the 4 days I looked after she put on 77g, and was going to get released back in the wild, but due to her sample, they ended up taking her in.

I think I’ve just got the two (perhaps three) juveniles that are eating all the food now. I’ve not weighed them, but I think they are out of the woods.

Hedgehog