Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Strange goings on Reply To: Strange goings on

Nic

Hi Jackietb

If you have already done that, I would leave it now. I wouldn’t add anything once a hog has finished building a nest and moved in. But it would probably cause more upheaval to move it than to leave it now. Normally, I would prefer to use natural materials, i.e. cover with brushwood, etc. or place the house under a bush, so that everything can ‘breathe’. I am assuming there is sufficient ventilation.

Just be aware that sometimes hogs build nests and don’t use them. I had one here one year. The hog built a lovely nest but eventually decided not to hibernate and only used it for over-day stays and then not every day, so obviously had another nest elsewhere.

Hedgehog