Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Hi Nic

Cats are really proving a pain in your garden aren’t they, I love them but they can be very intrusive. Haven’t seen Nala’s litter mate Chino for days now I come to think of it, she’s very good at getting in small spaces & eating the hog food. Yes I miss Nala, she was a beautiful creature, a real friend & great character.

A couple of weeks ago after being fed up seeing just mice & Chino but no hogs & not bothering with the camera I put it out one night & there was a young hog going in the feeder. It’s obvious from the food before & since that was a one off & I really hope it’s snuggled up somewhere warm as it looked too small to me to be hibernating. Nice & round though in a good way. Someone has been burrowing under the newspaper in the kennel underneath the blanket, wonder who.

Yes, I forgot I was saving my posts in case they misbehaved having suffered that a few times, will make sure I do in future as it’s so frustrating when you’ve been happily typing away & find it’s just vanished.

A massive swathe of countryside is disappearing down the road, it’s so much worse than I thought it was going to be, unbelievable. Fields for miles have just gone, masses of houses instead, no chance for wildlife with the extra traffic this is going to produce, it’s bad enough as it is as Frankie found out to his cost.

Looking forward to the Spring to be honest, the election nonsense will hopefully be behind us & our disastrously fragmented country licking its wounds & getting on with mending itself & starting to tackle the many environmental problems that are destroying all we love the most about the UK.

Hope your hogs are all hibernating & they emerge in the Spring to start a new year with no blobbers defacing them.

Our wood pigeons, feral pigeons, crows, jackdaws, robins, blackbirds, sparrows, starlings, magpies, assorted tits etc are still noisily eating me out of house & home!!

Happy Christmas to you & yours xx

Hedgehog