Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Overwintering hog won’t hibernate! Reply To: Overwintering hog won’t hibernate!

What is a soft release, as opposed to a normal release?

I’ve just got one back from the hedgehog rescue centre (was out at foster in an outdoor hutch) and I picked him up and released him back to my garden a couple of nights ago, as he too was very stressed in the hutch. He is 800g now, was only 430g when I weighed him in November and was riddled with internal parasites.

Apparently, it’s going to be a mild winter, so I wouldn’t worry so much about a 900g hog been released back , I’m sure he’ll be fine.

Hedgehog