Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog not hibernating Reply To: Hedgehog not hibernating

I’m in Eastchurch Kent. It’s reassuring that I’m not the only one with a hedgehog still awake. He or she is still visiting every night. We are monitoring the little one byway of a trail camera. He or she is a good size and looks in good condition. This happened last year but by mid January the hedgehog did go down. This year this one is showing no signs of wanting to hibernate. Yet the others have. I always continue putting food and water out throughout the winter months. I feed them with chicken cat food in jelly, a few meal worms, a small amount of fresh chicken, a little cheese and he likes a couple of slices of banana and a small handful of cat munchies. By the morning most has gone. I think this hedgehog may have been a late baby.

I have normally gone over to dry food at this time of year but as yet will continue as usual.

Hedgehog