Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Helping a hedgehog in trouble out in the daytime Reply To: Helping a hedgehog in trouble out in the daytime

Thank you Nic. We spoke to our direct neighbour yesterday to tell her about the hog, as she also had been feeding them in the autumn. She still thinks there is one hibernating among the roots of the bamboo which forms a hedge between us. I am not totally convinced as I fear it may be the hog that I took to the vet, but we will see…….I did have one in my igloo earlier in the autumn, so there may be one in there hibernating.

I won’t of course be looking or disturbing until it warms up a bit and I know they have gone from the hedgehog boxes. I also have a hog house in the front garden but I put that in quite late, and don’t know if a hog went in there at all. Often the food disappears even now, quite quickly but we have so much squirrel activity, I suspect them with eating it.

Hedgehog