Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog Relationships Reply To: Hedgehog Relationships

Nic

Hi Alan

Can’t be completely certain with such small sequences, but the large hog looks to me to be a male. The young one is possibly a female, but maybe too young to behave in the typical adult female manner – therefore the male has no need to circle, because the female is not turning round so that the male can easily access the rear of the female. Once or twice it looked as if the large one was thinking of mounting the small one, but either the clip was cut or he decided against it. It wasn’t easy to see if the large one had the appropriate appendage to be a male, but I thought I could see it at one time – not so easy to be sure with the dry vegetation lying around.

Hedgehog