Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Nic

Hi Annie

So pleased for you that there are hogs back there! No returners sighted here, yet. The boys could be back any time. Siili disappeared about 5 weeks ago. Hope she decided to have a bit of late hibernation and that she will eventually return safe and well. That’s the unfortunate thing about hogs – the not knowing. It probably isn’t a good idea to get too attached to any individual wild animal, but with some of them it’s difficult not to!

Unfortunately, it’s still a problem with the visiting cats. At the moment I’ve removed most of the cat deterrant and am not putting any cat biscuits out. The camera is not behaving very well, so can’t really rely on it. I think maybe they don’t work so well in the cold/damp weather. Last night there was a mouse there but the camera didn’t pick it up – normally they do. So I’m not certain whether it’s the cats eating some of the hog food, or whether the birds are tucking in, in the early morning.

I’m hoping, as you didn’t mention it, that the eye check up was o.k.

Hedgehog