Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Hi Nic, yes, thanks for asking, happily the hole was confirmed to be successfully repaired. Fingers crossed for no more!!

Put food out earlier this evening, opened the curtain to look out a while afterwards & one of the lights on sensors had gone off, watched & another 2 went off & there’s my hog from last year (but larger!) heading for Frankie’s kennel for a post meal rest. He (or she) goes under the fleece cat pad & leaves a nice hog shaped tunnel when he leaves so I always know if there’s been a visitor – in fact that’s when I realised he was back a few weeks ago. He always does the same route, into the feeder, out & up a little step & across to the kennel for a bit then back out to the garden or for another top up of hog biccies.

The lights are very useful, they’re from Mr Beams – garden stake type a foot or so high & I’ve put a few round the borders & a motion sensor spotlight (not bright) on the shed so when there’s a hog I get to see it as it sets off the lights. They stay on 20 seconds or so then go out til another visitor goes by. Help me not fall over things including hedgehogs when I go out to put food there too!

Cameras can be disappointing, with ours if there’s a problem it’s usually flat or low batteries causing it. It seems to be working but badly then when you test the batteries they’re on their way out. Cold makes them go down much faster.

I hope Siili returns soon, you’re right, it’s impossible not to get attached to her or any of the other wildlife who share our gardens with us. Makes us better people that we care is all I can say, wish more folk felt the same.

Hedgehog