Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Nic

Hi Annie

Really good news about your eye – must have been such a relief!

Love it that the hog is still using Frankie’s kennel. Very considerate of it to leave a sign that it’s been there!

I agree re. the cameras that it’s usually batteries that are the problem. I think they probably run out more quickly when it’s very cold. The Lithium ones were good and saved having to change them every day, but only lasted about 6 weeks. I might try some again in the Summer and see if they last any longer then. Although, hopefully, there might be more activity then – of the hog variety – so that might use the batteries up quickly too.

Just bought some calci-worms to try out. They say 3.85% calcium .55% phosphorous, so hopefully o.k. No doubt the birds will like them if the hogs don’t.

Yes, I so much hope that Siili comes back. Sadly the odds are against them all, especially individually. I keep hearing strimmer type noises, from not far away – dreadful noise.

Hedgehog