Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Cleaning Hedgehog Houses Reply To: Cleaning Hedgehog Houses

Thank you for the advice and link Nic. I have ordered a second house in the hope the hog will move into it at least for a day or two, so I can clean the other house. I will keep the cameras out to keep an eye on the comings and goings, and try and get it done before the females come out and look to nest!

I had no idea male hedgehogs could be so aggressive towards each other until I caught the recent fights on camera. One hog even got flipped into a (shallow) water bowl! Thank goodness they have those spines to protect them!

Hedgehog