Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Nic

Hi Annie

Sounds like Neil was lucky to get that done before everything started going completely mad. Hope it was successful and all heals up well.

Yes, it’s got pretty busy here with hogs now. Lots of biffing and rolling up going on! The dreaded blobbers have been at it again, already. It always used to be the weekends that were the danger times, but now I suppose there will be no escape for the poor hogs.

No sign of Siili yet, but I wouldn’t expect her to return yet. Just really hope it is hibernation that’s keeping her away. It’s always a worry that someone else might pick her up and think that she needs ‘rescuing’ and she ends up being confined to a walled garden after all. I just hope that if someone does try to ‘rescue’ her, she ends up at the same Wildlife Hospital and they realise who she is. But, judging by how many boys there are around, any female that turns up is likely to have a hard time getting some food without having advances made! I don’t think I have seen Igel yet. I wonder whether she will have any more luck with the boys this year! That is, hoping that she comes back.

It’s usually possible to tell male from female, pretty much, from their behaviour. But if you do get a chance to see underneath, the males have a blob or extra appendage mid abdomen. Usually fairly obvious if you get a good view i.e. they conveniently scratch in front of the camera!

Yes, do take care too and stay safe.

Hedgehog